Friday, June 25, 2010

Sian Owen & Munchkins

Well, this is only my second blog, and I will start putting my points of view across this. Munchkins. Sian Owen, an inspirational photographer, once asked me the puzzling question... "What can I draw?".
Click here to see this wonderful drawing.
I told her to draw me a munchkin, because I really could not be bothered with the question to answer with any seriousness, and I felt like giving Sian a massive challenge, purely because she was trying to draw something that only existed in bloody Oz. (Wizard of Oz... I don't want people going to Australia looking for munchkins... Or Australia for that matter). So Sian felt like I was being serious, so she has actually made an attempt to draw one. Its an amusing attempt to say the least, because its bright red, has three toes on each foot and three fingers on each hand, and looks like what you would get is you cross-bred Sonic The Hedgehog and a strawberry.
Ultimately, I created this little monster by asking Sian to use her imagination to create such a thing... Makes you wonder what other things she thinks of, and what is going to come out next. Don't misinterpret me though, its not that I don't like what Sian has drawn, Sian's imagination stretches far and wide, but it has ran riot this time and she's created a cute little fuzzball of a creature, rather than what I could of thought, which would of been something with a bit more bloodlust. I'm probably just being cynical in what i'm saying, but what I am saying is this. If I was let loose with a programme to draw images, what would I come up with? Probably something which isn't half as good but what could I make. I've never used Adobe and I never really wanted to , but to see such a mis-matched creation of two 'out-of-the-blue' creatures has compelled me to believe otherwise. I could create a cross-breed Simon Cowel and Nick Griffin to create the most hated man in Britain... A fat Hitler who cannot stop complaining about the lack of talent his forces have. This munchkin isn't a picture, it is an example of creative thought and how a word like 'munchkin' can make a person think up some random creatures come up with a red blob as a creature. Given the time an energy, I am positive that Sian could improve this creature to the blood-thirsty, power-hungry, right-wing view it most defiantly has, because the cutest creatures are the most unexpected bastards. Don't believe me? Then explain a Panda Bear.
Blog.Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment